Tuesday 14 June 2016

9. Gallipoli to Istanbul

Visiting Gallipoli was the highlight of the whole trip. Jordan was amazing and the whole holiday was the best I've ever shared with Mum but for some reason Gallipoli was special. 

I think because I'd done some reading and knew about the campaign,
and I think because I've been to other war memorials and places where fighting and action happened in World War II, 
to be walking on the ground where thousands of ANZACs walked and to  see the beauty of the environment because it's now a Commonwealth War Graves protected area and there's no development, 
it gave me mixed feelings and perspectives. 

I feel bad having this photo with an icecream, which was at the Turkish memorial, but I didn't have other photos for this post. 

I wrote about the drive back to Istanbul in the Istanbul bombing post. 
We had lunch before we drove back to Istanbul!


No comments:

Post a Comment